Hey everyone! Well, “Who am I?” is quite a difficult question. Honestly I don’t know if I can really define who I am in words, but I’ll try.
- Mother to a wonderful five year old (almost 6) who thinks he is 16 already! Currently he is in a phase where he could careless about me unless he is hungry. It’s all about Daddy!
- I am engaged to an amazing man! Wedding is set for June 25, 2016. This date has been changed three times now due to venue availability-not really a venue, it’s my parents house that is only framed currently. Planning a wedding where the location is all dirt and construction equipment! Save the dates went out a few weeks ago, so no changing it now.
- I am a only child but I am also a sister. I’m a daughter. I have an extremely blended family! My parents divorced when I was very young. My mom remarried when I was 5 and I gained some siblings! One brother and three sisters! All of them 7 plus years older than me! When I was 7 my mom and stepdad had my youngest brother. I’ve never considered any of them half or step siblings and I never will. My father is currently engaged as well.
- I am a student. Sometimes I feel like I will never be done with college. 😦 School is not my thing, I hate homework, I hate sitting in a classroom for lecture. I hate it. Butttt I have goals in my life that I want to complete. And unfortunately I can’t find a career doing what I want without having a degree. It’s so difficult to find jobs without one that I don’t have a choice. I currently work as a referral coordinator at a student health center. I must say it is a step in the right direction. I want to be a patient advocate, possibly do something along the lines of social work, but I want to be in some sort of leadership position eventually. I’ll talk more about this later, I need a major brainstorming session for this! 🙂
- I work full time. As I previously mentioned, I am a referral coordinator at a student health center. I have been working here for almost 1 year. Previously I worked as a medical assistant for a major hospital that didn’t care about their employees at all. I went home stressed and angry daily, making the decision to leave was one of the best things I could have done. I love working at SHC. I work with a lot of amazing people and I truly enjoy what I do. I wish I could do more to assist the students with things other than just their referrals to specialist. Slowly but surely, I will get there someday.
- I am a foodie! I love food, cooking, baking and trying new recipes! I can’t wait to share them with you!
- I love to shop-> Definitely something I need to reel-in in order to be debt free! I am excited to share this journey with others and hopefully it will help keep me more accountable!
- Debt-Free! My goal is to document step by step how I manage to become debt free and continue to be debt free afterwards. I am still young-only 26, and I know that life would be so much easier and less stressful if it were debt free. And I know my fiance would be ecstatic if I were debt free like he is! <-More about his amazing spending habits in another post!
Well I hope everyone enjoys my blog! Feel free to ask questions, anything at all!